Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

In Love with Thomas

Today was the first time Amelia wore this great e-Bay find, and she was SO excited that Thomas was on her clothes and her shoes! Here she is telling me all about how great Thomas is! (And it's a size 2T, she's growing so fast!)

I put a bib on her since she's drooling a little thanks to those eye teeth, which came halfway in a while ago, deciding they'll go ahead and finish coming through. Well, she tucked the bib under her chin and walked around for a couple of minutes like that because she wanted to be able to see Thomas. I took the bib off so she wouldn't have to do that, plus I figured if she wound up soaking her shirt it wouldn't be too big a deal since it's [finally] so warm right now.

The shoes wound up coming off too easily so it was back to the faux Crocs later in the day.

Something she's been doing for a while that's pretty cute and useful is blowing her nose whenever she sees a tissue or toilet paper. She'll walk up to you if you're holding a tissue, or she'll walk up to the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and start breathing in and out of her nose, with her nose and it's spittle about two inches from said tissue or toilet paper, leaning forward towards it with her hands tucked at her sides. It's pretty darn funny and has proven to be quite useful, too! I want to encourage her to understand the concept of blowing her nose, even if it's just for the novelty of using a tissue, so I always put it up against her nose, let her breathe out, and then say, "Good girl!" She's been doing it for several months now, so I think the habit has taken hold. Yay! Hopefully it will still be a while before she realizes she can unroll the toilet paper! So far we've been VERY lucky on that one!

If she gets ahold of a napkin or a tissue (usually at mealtime), she'll blow her nose and then wipe her tray and the table if she can reach it. (And if she's not in her chair, she'll wipe the floor after blowing her nose!) I try to tell her that while napkins are used for both purposes, we generally don't use the same napkin for both. She apparently thinks this is a mere technicality because after informing her (yet again), she just looks up at me and grins, which makes me grin right back because she is such a cutie!

[photos dated 5/1/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home