Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Scarring?

As you may know from earlier posts, Amelia fell into some briars about 10 days ago and came away with (thankfully!) very few scrapes on her face. Most went away within a few days but it looks like the one closest to her nose is scarring because the scab is gone and it's no longer red or pink - it's just raised up slightly and is pretty close to her normal skin color. At the time, it didn't look bad enough for stitches but I am guessing it was deeper than it looked.

Does anybody reading this know if her boo-boo will eventually heal completely and go away OR do you think it will always be a small scar for her? Has this happened to anyone else reading this? Thanks ... just trying to allay (or justify) the mama guilt I'm feeling. If you don't want to leave or comment (or can't because you're not registered with Blogger), please email me at mommy_of_Amelia@yahoo.com (There are underscores between the words as in mommy_of_Amelia - it's hard to tell with the auto-link). In advance, I say Thanks!!!!!!!!

The scrape is apparent in several of the pictures in the posts below this one, especially the "First Haircut" post taken four days after the fall. This picture was taken that night, too, while she was reading. (I love the way her bottom lip is puckered out a little crooked while she reads!)
[picture dated 4/23/07]

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amelia had a pretty deep gash a few months ago (from falling onto the corner of our entertainment center while my MIL was watching her!) and it's consistently become lighter & lighter. Just make sure you keep her face out of the sun and well moisterized so the skin can heal nicely.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Mary in St. Paul said...

I'm sorry to hear of Amelia's accident. I keep trying to post my comment & it's not working. Maybe this time .....
Emu Oil is good stuff. That might help. It sounds weird but I've tried it and it's good!
As Amelia grows that scar should go away. As girl from FL said moisturize and sunscreen should help keep her skin beautiful.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Have you asked your pediatrician about those skin fading creams? They are suppose to lighten scars. After I had my melanoma surgery, my surgeon said I could use the cream, but I don't know whether they are safe for use on chidren.

I also wanted to add that I am sure, because of your guilt, the scar looks far worse to you than to anyone else.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home