Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, April 23, 2007

First Haircut

Before: The stringy, unkempt bangs were getting on my nerves and the wispy strands were getting in her eyes. Since she has a tendency to get watery eyes easily, I didn't want to encourage it by letting strands of her hair be in her eyes constantly.

After:
The little bit I chopped off is in a snack-sized ziploc bag to save for posterity. These golden brown locks join her other baggie with just a couple of very fine, very dark strands that I snipped about a month after she was born since her hair was getting visibly lighter and I wanted to save some without making it obvious she had some snipped. As a result, there is almost nothing in that first baggie, but her sentimental mommy at least tried!

I am pleased at how the haircut turned out. You can also see how well the scratch from the briars incident Friday evening is healing. I've also noticed in the last day or so that the dent in the middle of her forehead (which she got from falling on a mug she was playing with - a mug her mama let her have) is less noticeable. For the past six weeks you could only see it when she raised her eyebrows and now it's really faint, thank goodness! I tell you, this mama guilt is gonna kill me!

[pictures dated 4/23/07]

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Ah, so cute! It's amazing what a good haircut can do.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home