Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ticks and Poop

What a day.

I take Amelia to Linda (a neighbor) because she is done with school for the semester and really wants to watch Baby Girl while I work today. So I get there and walk around the car to get Amelia out of her seat. What is that on her head? A tick? Oh my God - it's completely under the skin! It's probably seeking blood since it's hard to come by between the skin and the skull (goes my thought process as I also double check my short-term memory to see if it was possible Amelia had hit her head on or with something between her high chair - yummy cereal and apple this morning! - and the car seat, and did a brief mental scan of any hard toys she may have been playing within the two minutes it took to drive up the street. Nope, nothing came to mind. Linda answers the door and I present Amelia's scalp which she touches and then declares that the spot moved, so definitely a tick. I am trying to think of what else besides a flame is supposed to make them back out since I don't want Amelia's hair to catch fire. (Are you laughing?) Linda can't think of anything else either, so she comes out with a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol and her tweezers. She rubs the tick with alcohol and it starts to dissolve. Yes, somehow Amelia wound up with just a small scab - and a freaked out mama - but no tick, and therefore no lyme disease. Crisis averted.

But mommy forgot to tell Linda that Amelia's sippy cup should be refilled with watered down juice, not straight juice. Amelia doesn't tell Linda, either. (Like she would if she could, huh?) So Amelia had about 18 oz. of pure juice in addition to the 9 oz. of watered down juice. Mommy hoped for the best but knows that straight juice, especially that much, will give a toddler the runs. Well, .... after supper out with Mommy & Daddy, but before arriving home, Amelia filled her diaper ... and her carseat. Amelia got a bath, laundry got done, and a carseat is now completely washed and disinfected. Mommy's tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home