Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Last night we went out to a play and a teenager that goes to church with us babysat her. Although Nana and the neighbors (including a teenager) have babysat her before, it's always been a pretty informal arrangement and this was the first time we had to really find someone and then also take her home (well Daddy did that). It reminded me of my days of babysitting as a teen and it was the first time I've been on the opposite end, so I felt so grown up (okay, old).

This morning I left a card for "daddy" on the table and of course he thought it was from Amelia, but it was actually from the cat! After breaksfast I helped Amelia drag out a bag of goodies for her daddy, including two children's books - one about a kitten (gatito) and one about I Love My Daddy Because .... These were new to her, too, and she was immediately smitten with the kitten book. This was after being smitten with the card that she had given Daddy which she took from him and wouldn't let him read. She loved the kitty princess on the front with her little heart wand and little pink nose.

[picture dated 6/17/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home