Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, June 18, 2007

New Game, New Words + Funny Rain Story

Ever since Amelia started saying "Mama", she doesn't say Dada anymore. Daddy pointed this out.

Amelia's newest game is to point at me and say "Mama", point at Daddy and say "E!" (so maybe she's got the last syllable down and is working on the first part?), then me again, but waits for me to say "Mama", then to Daddy and waits for me to say "Daddy", then she points at herself. When I say "Amelia", she cracks up. She LOVES it and it's just hilarious!! This will go on for a few rounds and she just can't get enough.

Prior to this game she would do the body parts or things game where she pointed at stuff. She discovered her elbow this way and I think she likes the word because she will randomly start pointing at her elbow and looking at me expectantly. I, of course, think this is adorable, too. (I think just about everything that she does is adorable, except for the biting and scratching which Grandpa says will only be cured if I bite her back. I'm not ready for that yet.)

Grandma bought her a book recently that is all about basketball and Amelia loves it. She'll point to the ball on each page and announce, "Ball!", and then point at the net and wait for one of us to say it. The book has a small storyline about a basketball game. Yesterday we left the neighbor's house and she pointed to their basketball goal and said "Shoot the ball!". It sounded more like "Shoo da ball", but she said it twice while pointing emphatically. She is really catching on!!

She recognizes when we are going to Nana's and just as we turn up her gravel drive she starts yelling "Nana Nana Nana" and kicking her legs. Too cute! Today when I picked her up Nana said Amelia went to her chair and said "My chair," then went to the arm chair and said "Nana's chair".

Saturday we stopped for lunch at a Chinese place and on the way out I let her play in the fountain a little - not noticing the "Do Not Touch" sign (oh well). When we got outside we were surprised to find that it was pouring down rain. Since it appeared to be a cloudburst with plenty of blue sky up above, we decided to wait a few minutes on the covered sidewalk. I put Amelia back down so she could walk around a little since the sidewalk is pretty long. It never occurred to me she would walk out in the rain, but that's exactly what she did. She turned around with a look of complete shock and insult on her face. I quickly grabbed her out of the rain while laughing my head off. She recovered her composure almost immediately, turned to face the rain and began wagging her finger at it while yelling non-stop in Amelia-ese, she was so mad! Daddy and I could not stop laughing, it was SO funny!!!

She is quick to insult lately, a prelude to the 2's I imagine. Here she is yesterday after Daddy took away the new bag of Tostitos that he had gotten in his bag of Father's Day loot. She liked the sound it made, he was afraid she'd wind up crushing them.

I love her expression!



[picture dated 6/17/07]

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I love that expression on Amelia's face! She's so precious.

Thanks for your v. kind comment on my blog, too. I really appreciate your compassion and validation.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Clementine - anytime, glad to do it! We moms need to stick together and help each other as much as possible.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home