Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Playful Amelia

Here is a picture of Amelia playing with Larry the Cucumber (from Veggie Tales). Rather than dropping him on the floor, she has figured out he will "talk" to her if she hits him on his bottom. Turns out, there's nothing more fun than wacking Larry the Cucumber on his bottom side to hear, "I'm a cucumber, not a pickle!" "Where is my hairbrush", etc.

I am mildly concerned about what this is teaching her, but the picture sure is cute!

We went to Liza's pool party last night. It was at the park and when we got there, Amelia was so excited to see the playground equipment she sounded like she was hyperventilating as she ran towards it while holding my hand. I did put her in the toddler pool which she enjoyed until she tried to touch the bottom. She was insulted that her face got wet - where did that water come from?!?

Tonight when I got home from work, Nana was watching Amelia for me. Amelia yelled, "Mama!" and then started saying, "Bye-bye" to Nana, complete with her little hand waves. Apparently Nana wasn't getting the hint and so she promptly took Nana's hand and, in no uncertain terms, led her to the front door. It was hilarious!

[picture dated 6/26/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home