Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Dear Grandma,

Mommy thought it would be cute for me to put a handprint in the birthday card I sent you. I did not agree. She put my hand in the gloppy blue paint and I promptly waved my arm while whining in protest. This gave the kitchen - including the table, floor, chairs and dishwasher - a nice splatter effect by the way. I then smeared my very wet, blue hand all over my clothes. After all this, would you believe Mommy still insisted on trying to get a handprint? Did she not understand that I was in no mood to be artistic? Or compliant? So I got stripped down and had fun running around the house wearing nothing but my diaper and hat.

Fortunately, I was recently introduced to crayons thanks to a trip to a local restaurant and I have more fun putting them in and taking them out of their little box. Eventually, I bowed to Mommy's will and I drew you the pretty picture you found inside your card. You'll notice that I used only three of the four colors available to me. While I enjoy naming the red crayon along with the others, I only like to actually use the yellow (wewwoh), green (kree) and blue ones. You will notice I really like blue the best. That's because I'm a Kentucky fan, but you already know that. Mommy tried to get me to use some red (ed) for diversity, but she doesn't understand an artist's need to express herself rather than a pragmatist's need to use everything that happens to be available. I'm still working on her, but it may be a lost cause. You probably already know that.

While I'm not there to give you one of my fabulous hugs, or show you how I can kiss now, or run screaming up and down your hall stopping only to do my happy feet stomping dance, I wanted you to know that I wish for you a very happy birthday.

Love,
Amelia

[photos dated 8/13/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home