Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Amelia-isms

Amelia is a reader and she is good at it. A funny side benefit is hearing her mispronounce things.

Last weekend she asked Daddy what was above Colorado. He said Wyoming. She then said, "That's not all. There's also Nebra-ska." Instead of Ne-brass-ka. It took us a minute to figure out what she had said and then we laughed pretty hard.

Last night she was watching a youtube video of a guy playing Pachelbel's Canon by rubbing the edges of water-filled wine glasses. He had done all four parts (moving line, harmony, etc.) and so it was a split screen in four parts. She said, "Move your computer, Daddy, so I can see all four i-MAJ-es." I immediately knew she meants imagines, but she floors me by how much her vocabulary is already growing through what she is reading rather than just hearing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lindsey Family said...

I find the mispronunciations so adorable... so much so that I hesitate to correct them (although I do) because then they are gone.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home