Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Amelia has enjoyed "playing" haunted house lately. Since it's been getting dark earlier and earlier, she likes to turn off all the lights in the house and then walk around (creep around) with a flashlight. It's not all fun and games, though. I pretended to be a sock-eating monster the other night and took her socks off. She started to cry. Yes, I felt bad.

Halloween was fun. I am dealing with a car in the shop, so I was a little distracted during the day and not quite in the spirit of it all. But Amelia was ready to get dressed ... as a cat! Yep, we bought her a tiger costume, but after wearing it for Acro and then deciding to be a pumpkin for dance, she decided she was ready to be a cat for Halloween. Hmmmm. So next year we won't get a costume until the last minute, I think! This is year three as a cat!!! I did get her to wear the tiger gloves over her Dora gloves so her hands would be warm and yet cat-like. (And she has two shirts on under that black turtleneck!)

After putting together her outfit and drawing whiskers anda nose, we went to Nana's and then to church for Trunk or Treat. She scooped up some candy and then we headed inside for hots dogs and soup. Amelia liked the potato soup so much she asked me for mine - not some of mine, ALL of mine! She cracks me up.

We then headed to our neighborhood and we were only going to go to a handful of houses. Our plans changed when her friend, Josephina, spotted us (Ameee-liaaaaa!!!!!) and the two of them had SO much fun hitting the rest of the houses down the street. I told her mom we need to just plan for them to trick-or-treat together next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home