Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Time!


Amelia and I had fun decorating the house last week with pumpkin lights, ghost lights, pumpkin & cat cut-out garland and some pictures of pumpkins. But until yesterday we had no pumpkin. We tried getting one at the fruit stand Saturday afternoon, but they had none left. Then, at church, they were giving away the pumpkins used for decoration! So we scored a jack-0-lantern sized one and one that I'll use for pies and pumpkin pancakes. I love her method of carrying the pumpkin!

Later in the evening we carved the jack-o-lantern. It was actually an optional homework assignment to design and carve a jack-o-lantern, and we were really cutting it close, no pun intended! Amelia enjoyed drawing its face. I love her look of intensity here! And I was impressed with her creative mouth design. She really rocked when it came to digging out the seeds. I should have known that my very tactile child would love that, but I didn't suspect that she would be so thorough. She did a great job getting out all the seeds - there were none for me to go back and pull out. While we roasted the seeds, I cut out her design and we put in a real candle. No bad, huh?

[pictured dated 10/30/11]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home