Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fascinated with Adele

Amelia is in love with the Adele song “Rolling in the Deep”. A friend of mine had posted a youtube clip of an Air Force Band covering it and she heard it from her room where she was supposed to be falling asleep. She came running out to watch it and the next morning was singing "Coulda had it alllllll" at the top of her lungs when she awoke. This was in place of her normal routine of meowing to let me know there is an awake kitty in her bed. (I then have to come in and find the kitty who is hiding under the covers!) Since she seems to love the song so much, I showed her Adele’s video on youtube and then decided to print the lyrics to help us learn the words.

So far Amelia is still more interested in watching and listening to Adele, but it turns out she thinks lyrics is pronounced “lickereece”! I guess that’s what happens when you have an early reader!! It was really funny, though, when she was asking where the lickereece were and I had NO idea what she was talking about. I’ve been correcting her but it hasn’t stuck yet because apparently (like horz davorz and cha-hooa-hooa for me) lickereece has been in her head for a while. She matter-of-factly told me, “Mommy, I got that idea from the book that came with the Silly Songs CDs.” She used to say Wellbinks for Webkinz, too, but she has self-corrected that one. Hopefully lyrics is next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home