Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Acro

Amelia takes Acro (short for acrobatics, gymnastics really) every Tuesday evening. This past week the parents were invited in for a performance for the last 15 minutes and the children were to dress in their costumes as long as they could tumble in them. We amended Amelia's tiger costume by drawing ears on her forehead instead of using her hat that has the ears. This is her being fierce! (Are you scared?)

The next night for dance she decided she wanted to be a pumpkin instead. I indulged her but I am not sure she looked like one. She wanted an orange shirt, green pants and triangles fo her eyes and nose. I added an orange bow in her hair and hoped her pumpkin shirt gave a clue, too. The important thing is that she was happy because we did exactly what she wanted. When it doesn't matter in the big picture, I think it's important for young children to feel like they can make decisions since so many other choices are out of their control - like going to school when they're having so much fun playing in the morning! (That's a big struggle right now.)

Amelia and the other girls danced a cute routine to the Ghostbusters theme, but I forgot to bring in the camera. Oh well - we have the memories!


[picture dated 10/25/11]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home