Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Exhausted

Daddy is out of town and last night I went to bed about an hour later than normal - woohoo! But then around 2 am Amelia came into the room and climbed in bed. She fell right to sleep but then scooted into the  middle of the bed, and then scooted some more towards me. Katerina, our pregnant kitty, was already at my feet. I was crowded in our king sized bed and Daddy wasn't even there!

I wasn't quite awake when Amelia came in and just assumed it was 5 am (couldn't see the clock so I didn't realize it was around 2:30 am) and we'd be up in an hour or so anyway. This morning, after the sun was up, she told me she had come in because she'd had a bad dream and I told her just to lay in the bed since Daddy wasn't home. I didn't quite remember the entire sequence, but it made sense. She also told me, once the sun was shining, that when she woke up she thought we were in a hotel. She cracks me up.

Her being in bed made it hard for me to sleep because she does make noise and it puts my mommy radar on high alert, just like when she was an infant. Also, my hand has stitches and boo-boos from a bad fall last week (Amelia was running and took us both down, but only I got hurt thankfully). I was worried she'd snuggle into my bad hand since she was sleeping on that side of my body. Since I couldn't get back to sleep, I got up and putteredor about an hour and then went back to bed at 4 am, only to have her wake up for the day at 4:50 am. She was excited because it was her leader day at school. Ugh.

So I am exhausted.

In other news, she is turning into such a great helper. Had to use a snake on the bathtub drain tonight and I asked her to get me some paper towels and she did so ... immediately!

The best part of the day was just a little while ago. When I put her to bed tonight she said, "Mommy?" And I said, "Yes?" And she said, "I love you." Awwwww. She'll say she loves me, too, but she doesn't initiate very often, if at all. So it meant a lot tonight.

[Smile]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home