Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Differences

Watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with Amelia earlier. She LOVED it but I couldn't help think of the technology. As a kid, I had towait and watch it the night it came on TV. Tonight, we watched it when it was convenient - thanks to a DVD and a laptop. We didn't even have VHS and computers when I was a kid ... we've come so far so fast, not to mention the TV had maybe 5 channels if you counted the sometimes fuzzy one that we got on the lower dial ... yep we had to get up off our butts and literally turn the dial. No remote controls. And no cable bill ... TV was free! Am I really that old? Don't answer that.

Another striking difference is the one between her and me. She cackled and giggled over the physical humor parts and the non-speaking parts, like where Snoopy was setting the table with Woodstock. I always thought, how boring, when are they going to start speaking again. I have always been into dialogue - but she LOVES physical humor. As much as I enjoyed Lucille Ball, I always found her antics too outlandish to be believable. I was always more interested in how she was going to get out of the mess she got into in each episode and whether she'd ever get some sense (ha!). I know Amelia is going to adore her and just laugh and laugh and laugh. I need to get ahold of some episodes of I Love Lucy! I wonder if there are some on You Tube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home