Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April Fool's

On March 31st Amelia had some wardrobe issue late in the day and I put on a short-sleeved shirt and a skirt on her as my own little rebellion against the heretofore crappy weather. I know, how infantile. But really, it was ANOTHER cold, miserable, wet, overcast, damp, yucky day. And more in the forecast for DAYS.

April 1st, a Tuesday. It's my day off and we left the house mid-morning and it was beautiful. Met a friend for lunch at a pizza place (one of Amelia's favorite foods, as well as one of mine). Ran a few errands and stopped at a park we don't go to very often since we were done with errands. One of her little friends was there - a little 3 year-old boy named Caden who I think Amelia already has a small crush on based on the way she says his name. He ran over and said, "Hi Amelia!" And they were off. And it was HOT! Amelia had a long sleeved dress and tights on - which helped her slide down the hot-from-the-sun slides. We came home and, thanks to a juice box that was emptied, but not all in her mouth, she needed a wardrobe change and the outfit I had put on her the night before in frustration was totally weather appropriate.

April Fool's on the mommy, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home