Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Church

Since we went to KY this past weekend we didn't go to church. Every morning since Sunday, at some point during breakfast, Amelia will say, "Church!" and I explain, no, we aren't going to church today, we will go Sunday. It has now increased to every time we go out. Tonight I told her we were going to go for a walk (we usually go every evening) and she said, "Church!", and I told her, no, we go on Sunday. It amazes me that she seems to have missed it this week. I will admit I am getting a little tired of her asking about it and fleetingly thought about putting her in the car and driving to church to see if that would stop it for the next few days. Normally during breakfast she will say, "Nana!" since we see Nana two mornings a week when I drop Amelia off to play while I work. There's been no "Nana!" this week, just "Church!" I should mention I do think it's cute when she says "Church!" because her lips purse and it's just adorable.

Amelia's vocabulary continues to explode and I am loving it. It's just so much fun to hear her express herself. There are times that I have to concentrate to figure out what she's saying since "empty!" (her cup) sounds a little like "kitty!". She usually helps me out with "empty" by turning her cup upside down, like she did on the train this weekend. (Notice how white my leg is, especially compared to hers. It's not fair when your baby is more tan than you are.)

She still has not successfully peed in her potty, but that doesn't mean we haven't had a little excitement. Tuesday morning she woke up and the first thing she did was loudly exclaim, "Pee in potty! Pee in potty!" I got her to the bathroom, took off her diaper, and nothing. I've been talking to her a lot about how it's okay to pee in the potty instead of her diaper. This morning I thought we were making a little progress, and also after her nap, but still nothing. I don't want to force it, and at this point I'm just offering lots of opportunities and dialogue (although is it really dialogue when I'm doing most of the talking?), but I do want her to start making some connections. She understands so many other things that seem beyond her, like when I tell her it's the last bite and she does actually open her mouth for it, so I think she does understand at least a little of what I've told her about potty training. Tomorrow we will make a return trip to the library and I'm going to look for some potty books in the children's section to keep in the bathroom. If nothing else, these will give her a reason to stay put on the potty for more than 2.5 seconds.
Amelia is still very good at entertaining herself, for which I am grateful and often amused. Take this evening, for instance, when she discovered her cup of goldfish. Are these swimming upstream, I wonder?
And Happy Anniversary to Grandma & Grandpa!!

[pictures dated 9/2/07 & 9/6/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home