Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Babyproofing - picture added

Amelia learned a while ago how to open the cabinet doors and that there are wondrous and fascinating things behind them. At first, she was content with the novelty that she could actually open the doors. Once she became interested in what was actually stored inside, it was time to finally baby proof. I was prepared in the sense that I had already purchased those "fun" baby proof locks for cabinets, but I was dreading having to install them. [What is it about anything baby related that just seems like there's not enough time to figure out, install, disinfect etc.?] Fortunately this time the task was not as complicated or as time consuming as I thought it would be. Granted, I only did the cabinets under the sink that house the garbage and household cleaners, but that was my goal. I am so grateful that (1) there were no disasters [read here: holes all the way through cabinet doors; and (2) they work! [I was worried that I would miss the matching piece and they would be completely ineffective.]

I let her play in the other cabinets since she can't hurt herself with the boxes of ziploc bags or the sifter, empty cookie tins and other things stored away but within her reach.

The cutest thing she does in the kitchen right now is toddle over to the stove, pull down the kitchen towel hanging from the oven's handle, then open the drawer under the stove and pull out the apron, the package of burner covers (because Mommy is too stupid to turn on the correct burner, she has burned through an entire package of them and is loathe to do it to another, so in the package they've stayed until we buy a stove with a more sensible key for showing which burner you are actually turning on), and one kitchen towel. The reason I find this little routine so cute is because there are usually two more kitchen towels and a complete set of placemats for the kitchen table, but she always stops with just the things I've listed. She will either play with them or move onto something else. It's like she has done her duty there, things are as they should be and let's move on because there are soooo many things to keep this toddler verrry busy!!!! (and her momma just a little worn out from keeping up with her!)

[picture dated 12/6/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home