Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

14 Months Old!

The time is really flying - just about as fast as Amelia does on her two little legs through the house! I really need to put all the moments of her life that I've been collecting in a book. I should also finally use the handprint kit that was given to us as a gift a year ago. There are so many things that always need to be done! But the most important thing is to enjoy her, and that is something we're doing every day.

When I pick her up at daycare, she used to just get excited about seeing me and go back to whatever she was doing. Then she started raising her arms to be picked up, but after mere seconds she was ready to be put back down to return to the toys. But now - she runs to me with an excited "ho ho ho ho ho" (not Santa-like though), maybe it's more of an "oh oh oh oh oh" and it's soooo sweet!

She's really starting to ask for things now, although she doesn't know the words. So this means there's a bit of whining, but I can distinguish between the "I want something" whine and the "I'm tired" whine. Back to that list of things I should do ... teach her sign language. I started this a few months ago, but I couldn't remember all the signs, so it was hard to try to teach them to her. She wasn't looking at me anyway, she only looks at what it is she wants, or what it is that delights her - in the case of the cats. I do know the sign for cat! It really is so much easier to randomly hand her the things that are in the direction of her outstretched hand. When she is asking for more food, I do the sign for "more", only to be met with a more insistent "uhuhuh" with the outstretched hand. I think it's her way of saying, "The only think I want you to do with those hands is give me more food!"

This picture is from last month when we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa. It's such a great shot of her smile. She's holding one of her hair brushes which she will amuse herself with for quite a while - she loves the bristles but she also loves brushing her hair. It's so cute to watch her try to do it herself. It's often done with the bristles up, but she doesn't mind!

[pictured dated 10/30/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home