Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SHOES

No, she doesn't say shoes, yet. Just because it was Mommy's first word does not make it genetic. She's still uttering Dut/Duck, Bye Bye (bah bop - complete with two closing fists held out as a wave), Doy, Daddle, Dadadadada and some very interesting and inflection-filled jibber jabber. The other day, after my usual "and we need this, this and this" as I was grabbing last minute things like her snack trap and sippy cup on the way out of the house with her on my hip, she said, "This!" My little parrot!

Little Miss Amelia has had a wide range of shoes in her life thus far. These wonderful lavender trimmed Converse high tops with lavender laces have been a highlight in her shoe wardrobe the last two or three weeks.They arrived in our home as yet another great eBay bargain and I just love them. They make me think of the red Converse high-top wearing Velvet Knights, the most fun drum & bugle corps ever. Okay, maybe the Bridgemen were more fun, but they were before my time. But I love these shoes so much and am so proud that she already owns her first pair of Converse (Mommy has yet to own a pair but Daddy reportedly lived in Converse shoes as a teen), I had to be sure to post about it.

And here is the rest of her while wearing said wonderful Converse high tops and enjoying Cheerios. Do you like how the sippy cup is coordinated with her outfit? LOL

By the way, did you know that it is SO much fun playing with Daddy's size 13 shoes, even if they aren't made by Converse?






[pictures dated 11/8/06]

1 Comments:

Blogger mc said...

That is just adorable! Ess has her first pair of Converse, too -- a pair of pink hightops that came in a bag of baby stuff I picked up via Freecycle. I can't wait for her to grow into them...

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home