Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Shape Sorting Fun


The shaper sorter is currently Amelia's favorite toy. It's been a favorite for about three weeks now. We even take it in the car for long trips which is a little bit challenging with that forward facing seat. I spend a lot of time turning around (in the passenger seat since Daddy is driving) and handing the pieces and/or tub back to her.

Amelia's friend, Livia, showed her how easily the top comes up and Amelia just delights in putting a shape in and immediately removing the top to retrieve the shape. When she first started playing with it, she would put a shape almost all the way in its slot and then pull it back out with a great big grin on her face. She will still do this and I guess it's her way of saying, I know where it goes, but I don't have to put it there!!!!

She also likes to figure out what other things fit in the shape sorter. Last Sunday she decided that the cats' large, black toy rat was an excellent candidate for being pushed through the holes. I usually try to take the rat away from her when she appropriates it as her own, but I let her play with it last week until she started putting it in her mouth. After all, I have to draw the line somewhere, no matter how cute she might be while playing.

And Amelia says, "Thank you, Grandma, for my pretty new dress!"

[Pictures, which are a little dark for some reason, dated 11/5/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home