Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

One-year check-up


Amelia's check-up yesterday went fine. Of course, I realized as we were entering the doctor's office that I forgot to give her some Tylenol to help with her shots. I asked two different people for some and none came, so I didn't push it. I figured I'll just run by the house on the way to work, which I did. But she didn't need it - she wasn't feverish or cranky all day. She only cried when they were pushing the liquids into her. She is such a trouper!

She had three shots - including one for chicken pox. Now that made me feel old! An illness I well remember having and something I thought was just a rite of passage in everyone's childhood now has a vaccine. So there won't be any period of keeping Amelia indoors while her friends play outside in the sunshine while I repeatedly say, "No, Amelia, do not scratch yourself! I know they itch, but you can't scratch - you'll wind up with scars." Good for her!

She weighed in at almost 18 lbs., and measured at just over 29-1/2 inches. Her height and head, once in the 25th percentile is now in the 75th percentile. Her weight, however, is still 3%, but it at least hasn't dropped with all the crawling, standing, assisted walking, and playing she's been doing.

[picture dated 9/21/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home