Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


I had decided that since we were going out to a cafeteria-style restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner, it would be a great opportunity to let Amelia feed herself a portion of their sweet potato casserole. After all, she loves sweet potatoes, and she's been dying to feed herself with a spoon for at least a month. The evidence for this supposition is that she tries to grab the spoon when I feed her and if I give her an empty bowl and spoon, she has a great time "eating" while I am able to successfully finish shoveling food into her mouth.

Well, she wasn't interested in using the spoon at the cafeteria. That was okay until she got her cute little hands into the middle of the sweet potatoes which were still warm. She proceeded to cry as I put her little hands on my cold water glass.

After she calmed down and was distracted for a bit, she was more than happy to eat the sweet potatoes - as long as I fed her every last little bit with the spoon. Then she ate most of cousin Bethany's mac & cheese while I ate my meal. And believe it or not, she had room left over so I could share a few bites of my pumpkin pie with her. Yummmm.

This is such a sweet picture of her leaving the restaurant with her Nana.

[pictures dated 11/23/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home