Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Field Trip

Amelia went to an apple orchard with all four kindergarten classes today. Her daddy met the group there since he works just a few minutes away. She got to ride an activity bus for 45 minutes each way. I was a little worried about that. She said she shared the seat with three other children. I would love a picture of that!

They got to the orchard, had their lunch, rode on a hay-baled trailer to the orchard, picked apples that were then bagged (Amelia got three), came back, picked out a pumpkin, had a presentation about how orchards operate and got to sort apples by color and size, went in the corn maze which had stops where each group of four children had to answer a question to know which way to turn, and then had some apple cider. She was pooped tonight when I saw her!

Here is her loot. These apples are HUGE! I told her we would use her pumpkin to decorate the front porch for a little while and then we'd make pumpkin pie. She really liked the pie idea. It's nice to have someone in the family who likes pumpkin pie as much as I do! Mmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home