Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last day of being 4

So hard to believe today was the last day that Amelia was 4! I told her on the way to school that today was the last day of her being 4 but that it seemed like she was 5 already for a while because she was going to kindergarten, and it's true.

I love my girl at any age, but it is amazing how big she is getting. Just for fun the other night I rocked her as I sang "Rock-a-bye baby" and then dropped her in bed when the baby falls, just like I did when she was in her crib and toddler bed. She thought it was fun, but of course had no memory of it. **sniff sniff**

I find myself saying, "A couple of years ago when Amelia ..." and it floors me that there are YEARS of memories now. She still seems so young and so little in many ways. One of my favorite sayings is the days are long but the years are short ... so true.

[picture dated 9/21/2010]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home