Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shopping

Took Amelia shopping tonight at Kohl's. She found some Hello Kitty pajamas that she just had to have. Unfortunately the jeans I took her to try on didn't fit and neither did the other pants that were on sale for just $4.99. Amelia is not a chunky girl but sometimes we run across pants that are fine in the length but snug in the hip area. We did find a cute long-sleeved cat shirt that she also wanted to get for her cousin, Sarah, which was cute. I showed her an "I love Mom" shirt where the love was a heart and it was all written in a leopard pattern. I asked her if she wanted to get it and she said "no". I was a little disappointed, but that's what I get for giving her the choice.

While we were shopping an announcement came on over the loudspeaker. I was tuning it out and going about my browsing and Amelia said, "Stop, Mommy! No talking! We need to listen!" I still think it's cute when she demonstrates behaviors she has learned at school, whether it's spontaneous or transferred to a similar experience outside of school.

As we were leavingt I told her to put away the Eeyore she had been playing with the entire time we had been shopping. We walked out and I happened to look down as we were about to step off the curb and tucked under her arm was Eeyore. She wasn't being defiant, she just put him back and then picked him up again. Fortunately, no one was chasing us from inside the store but I immediately turned around and went back in with her. This time I watched as she put Eeyore away. Following instructions is still something we have to work on with her.

On the way home she talked a lot about wanting to wear her new Hello Kitty pajamas but by the time we got home she wanted to wait and wear them on a different night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home