Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jokester

About a month ago Amelia learned a knock-knock joke - the one where you ask knock-knock a few times with the same answer and then on the last time you answer "orange" ... "orange you glad I didn't say banana?". When she got laughs from it, she became a joke teller and it was so funny watching her crack up because people were laughing at her joke, even though I am not sure she truly understood the play on words. Now she has learned a new one that isn't so funny, but the fun has started all over again because it's so cute to watch her try to be a joke teller.

Yesterday we presumed she learned about home safety because any time any of us left the house she loudly told us to be sure we locked all the doors. We live in a small town and while we try to make sure the doors are locked when we leave or go to sleep, we don't really worry about it too much most of the time.

Friday was library day and I wonder if they went over sorting. All day yesterday and most of this morning Amelia has sorted all her books into a book store. She'll ask if a book is "a character" or "just a book" and then separates them all accordingly. We have a very small group of Clifford books, a small group of Veggie Tale books, a larger collection of Dora books, other small "character" groupings, and then a large selection of "other" books. This morning before leaving for church I was asked to come to her bookstore to buy a book. She charged me 50 cents (which I then had to put in the offering at Sunday School) and took the book from me, then my money, then gave me the book back. (She is getting the clerk thing down.) When we got home from church, I learned that she only charged Daddy 11 cents for his book. I think I smell favoritism in that deal!

Apparently someone has gotten in trouble at school and has been sent to the principal because one of her stuffed ducks just got sent to sent to Mr. Tigger's office (her bouncing Tigger) to spend the day. Hmmmm (At the wedding she told Pastor Tommy that he looked like her principal. Tommy, who knows the principal, thought that was very funny.)

Friends of Dodah brought Amelia a lei from their anniversary party in Chicago. (I'd rather go to Hawaii for my anniversary but that's another story.) DeMarcus seems to enjoy the lei better than Amelia has, don't you think? Here he is bidding you "Aloha".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home