Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rainy Saturday

It rained all day today but that's okay because we didn't have anything planned except to hang out together.

One night this week Amelia told me that she wanted to spend more time with me. She said something along the lines of "I really just want to be with you all the time, Mommy." It was sweet. I think two full weeks of kindergarten are beginning to take their toll - the novelty has worn off. She is still excited to go and excited to tell me about her day, but I think she is also realizing how much less time she is home and with me. So yesterday I promised her that I would be with her all day today and I made good on that.

She is also missing her Nana. Nana used to keep her two days a week and now she gets her just 2 hours one afternoon after school. So we went to the Wagon Wheel and met Nana and her friends for breakfast. Meg, Bethany and Hailey were there, too. Amelia and Hailey were excited to see each other and moved their chairs so they could sit next to each other and color. After they ate they wanted to play tag in the restaurant. It took a little persuading on Bethany's part, but they decided maybe sitting at the table together a little longer wasn't such a bad idea either.

We had a little visit at Livia's and then came home and played for a few hours. All three of us played Silly Switch and sat on the sunroom listening to the rain. Amelia and Daddy colored together after playing with her oversized legos. Amelia was "assigning" Daddy "work" and then evaluating it.

Then we picked up a pizza and went to Nana's where we had supper and Amelia practiced the piano before playing with the Thomas set (which included finding some dolls small enough to ride in the open cars).

In just these two week of kindergarten I can see that Amelia's socialization skills are improving by leaps and bounds. On the way to Nana's this evening she asked, "Do you think Nana will share some of her pizza with me?" How cute is that? (especially since Amelia isn't overly fond of pizza ... I think she just wanted to know if we thought Nana would be willing to share.)
Earlier today Amelia and Daddy made a "cat inn" - a tent using some chairs and a large blanket that features a cat. DeMarcus took them up on their offer!

[picture dated 8/21/10]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home