Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, August 06, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Amelia started kindergarten today! She seemed very happy to be there so it was easier to leave her than I thought it would be. They had a sign-in board just like her pre-school where she found the first letter of her name and hung it on her peg. Then we found her cubby, put away her backpack, lunch box and mat. After that she found her name tag and then sat at her table where there was an activity waiting for her which she found absolutely delightful. So we left at that point to let our little girl be a kindergartener.

I was hurriedly taking pictures this morning because we were running right on time, not a little early as we had planned because it took a lot longer to get from the parking lot all the way into her classroom than we thought it would, and she has to be there no later than 8 am or she is marked as tardy.

Daddy picked her up since I had to work, but they stopped by so I could get a quick report. She LOVED it. She went on and on repeating a story, I am assuming verbatim, about a dog that goes, "Woof, woof, woof, bow-wow, wow!!" She was so enthusiastic and animated. When I asked her if she wanted to go back she said, "Yes!! Tomorrow!!" and was visibly disappointed when I told her she had to wait until Monday.
While she was "performing" the dog book story for us, I looked over at her Daddy and said, "We made the right decision," (about pushing forward with public kindergarten) and he readily agreed. Now we'll wait and see how she does next week when she goes 5 days a week for 7 hours a day.
[pictures dated 8/6/10]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home