Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Yard Saling

We met Nana, Bethany, Billy & Hailey at the Wagon Wheel (along with Louise and Fifi) for breakfast and then stopped at a yard sale on the way home (that I had spotted on the way to breakfast). Kathy, whose sale it was, said stuff a bag for a $1. Can't beat that kind of bargain ... but I still tried (key word: tried) to be careful not to bring home anything we didn't really need.

Amelia was playing in the mountain of stuffed animals and I was helping her find ones that were cats. Once she found a few animals to play with, I browsed some of the other trash-to-treasures. I then heard "Mommy, can I buy these?" I figured, sure, for $1 it won't kill us to have a few extra stuffed animals. She'll play with them for a week or so, then ignore them for a month and we'll donate them or something. So I turn around and ask her what she has found. "A kitty, a dinosaur, a night-time Pooh Bear and Look! It's a person dressed like a monkey!!" she says. The person dressed as a monkey is actually a yellow teletubby named Lala. Hmmm, how do I talk her out of the teletubby? Well, it could not be done so we are the proud owners of a Lala, although I have not enlightened her as to its identity. When we got home, she put them each on a different step of the deck and than ran inside for more '"friends". (I also scored that adjustable basketball goal for $2 ... I was very pleased about that as I had been looking on Craigslist for one for a year now.)

She also told Daddy that her new toy was a person dressed like a monkey. She hadn't changed her description of it by the time we got home. It's funny to see their perception of things when they aren't told ahead of time what something is. At the yard sale, she also got some kind of Pokemon game that is like those lottery slot machines except it's horizontal and changes its eyes, nose and mouth so you get a completely different expression every time you press the button. So, I hear a sad voice coming from the back seat (and remember she doesn't know who Pokemon is either), "Look, Mommy, the bunny's ears are flat. She's scared!"

[picture dated 7/3/10]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home