Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I ran an 8k race this morning with my friend, Karen. Daddy brought Amelia to me as the race ended so he could go pick up his train ticket. Amelia had fun running around the pavilion, enjoying a brownie while I stretched and drank some much-needed water. After about ten or 15 minutes we headed to the car so we could follow Karen to a nearby bakery. Once we were in the car and headed out of the lot Amelia says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" It was such a nice thing to hear that I didn't tell her it wasn't until tomorrow, I just said, "Thank you!" She then asked if Mother's Day was tomorrow and I confirmed that it was. Then she said something about a card and I said, "Yes, you made me a very nice card," and I held up the one she made me at preschool yesterday that was still in the passenger seat of the car. Then she said, "No, do you have the one I bought with Daddy?" Hmmm. "Was that this morning, Amelia?" "Yes!" she said.

There are no secrets with children!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home