Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Settling Up

Amelia was bouncing up and down the minute she saw me in the carpool line. I love her enthusiasm. Apparently the adult in charge of line #4 doesn't ... we learned later she told Amelia to "settle down" to which Amelia said she was settling up!

Amelia is very excited about next Tuesday when they are going to do a "pretend lockdown". I immediately knew what she meant and thought how sad, a sign of the times. I asked her about it and she said, "We'll hear a different sound (different from a fire alarm I presume) and we go this way and then that way (as she mimics walking and turning). Then we go to the corner and hide behind Miss Mary's desk." She has it down pat. I hope she never needs to do it in real life.

We had a busy afternoon. After picking her up we headed to John L's for the oil change. Amelia did not want to walk to the post office. She was adamant about waiting and so we did. She announced when my car went up and again when it went down. She acted scared of the car getting a new tire as we got back in the car. After the bank we stopped by and said hey to Tia Polly at work and then onto the post office and finally the library.

After supper we headed over and saw Livia who is back from Romania. Amelia really enjoyed playing with her, going down the slide and "washing" their fence with the water gun while Livia scrubbed with a brush.

School is beginning to take its toll. Amelia is quite tired by 7pm and so we've been putting her to bed by 7:30 pm. Tonight before supper she started crying, saying she missed being with me. I think part of it was an act, but of course I indulged her. I stopped making dinner and sat down, pulled her into my lap and told her how much I enjoyed being with her. She's been in school for two weeks now, so maybe the novelty is wearing off, or maybe it's just part of the adjustment. She was herself the rest of the evening, so I think she's fine, but she's definitely noticing that life is different now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home