Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Happy girl

So I think my theory about Daddy being gone was right. She is back to being her easily self-entertained person. (I think part of her uneasiness may have been that Daddy's vehicle had been in the driveway the entire time, but he wasn't home.)

Today, after school, Amelia happily played all by herself on the front porch steps. I was able to hang an entire load of laundry in the backyard without a single, "Mommy!" I came up the basement steps and walked to the front windows to see what she was up to since the last I knew, she was going to feed Romeow (our outdoor cat). There she was on the front steps with two small branches of very small pears. It looked like she was having a little show and each branch had a part. Or maybe they were just having a conversation. Then a school bus drove by and she jumped up to wave at it and went right back to her little game.

Today was the deadline for turning in Amelia's physical or she would be kicked out of school until it was complete. It's been done since the 10th but the thing is, she failed the eye exam. The same thing happened last year after which I took her to my eye doctor who said she saw just fine with maybe a slight astigmatism that did not (yet) need correction. I requested and received a letter from him about that exam but I was still nervous about turning it in, fearing that they would make me take her again (it was not an easy exam ... I don't know why she isn't more cooperative about eye exams). So I waited until the last day and the school official pretty much waved off my concern about the eye exam. (I had to ask her twice if she wanted the letter from the eye doctor as I was trying to hand it to her.) However, Amelia's shot record was missing. Apparently that is the only thing they really care about in addition to the physical form being completed, but the physical form doesn't have a place to list the shots that were given. I wondered later why the doctor's office didn't offer to print an updated shot record since they were completing the physical. Fortunately, I was able to have it faxed so that detail is taken care of for now.

I hate that I get so nervous about people who have the authority to make drastic changes in my daughter's life - like the school kicking her out of kindergarten if she can't pass an eye exam, or way back when she was first born and I was terrified social services would come after me if I didn't take her in for yet another bilirubin prick but decided to skip a day (since they weren't doing anything for her except pricking her ... what was the point?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home