Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Philip's carrots

I have been a stickler about Amelia's nutrition since the day she was born. Some probably think I am obsessive about it, but something happened at the grocery store the other day that made me proud, nonetheless.

We went down the chip aisle because I was buying some chocolate for part of a birthday gift. While there I decided to hunt a coupon and I hear Amelia say, "Philip's carrots." (Philip is our "one white rabbit" as Amelia tells it.) Out of the corner of my eye, I can tell she is looking across the aisle at the chips. I figure there must be a bag of some kind of veggie puffs that have pictures of carrots on them to make you think they're healthy, and I continue with my coupon hunting. She repeats herself a few times and I look up to discover that what she is calling "Philip's carrots" are actually Cheetos! So I corrected her and told her, "No, those are Cheetos actually," to which she said, "Philip's Cheetos." Too funny. She was just determined that whatever they were, they were something Philip would eat since they were the same color as carrots.

And I was so proud of myself that my 2-1/2 year-old daughter doesn't know what Cheetos are. Maybe I'm doing something right after all? Or I'm just obnoxious. Maybe both. I did find her some all natural popsicles and gave her one tonight after supper. She kept asking me to "blow it warm" because she thought it was too cold. She didn't eat much of it, but she was delighted with it all the same. She loves her new word "popsicle" and kept saying it over and over again. And thanks go to B for reminding me to introduce my daughter to such wonderful summertime treats (even if summertime seems to have forgotten us).

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I think that's pretty great. I love that Amelia mistook Cheetos for carrots--that's hilarious!

12:43 PM  
Blogger -LGirl- said...

Thats great! I remember at the age of 6or 7 being given ginger ale by a teacher after I had been sick at school. I thought she was giving me alcohol and told my Mother she had given me an "adult drink!" LOL
I have been the same with my children though sadly they are well aware of Cheetos!LOL

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home