Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Paradox

As usual, I grew tired of Amelia's winter wardrobe. Now that it appears warmer weather may be here to stay, I look at her clothes in the dresser each morning a little wistfully. I know that soon she won't be wearing any of them as the cool mornings and evenings will also ebb as we pass into late spring and early summer.

So now those winter clothes represent memories of a little girl who, at 2 and 2-1/2, was such a bubble of energy, who went from just learning to talk to making full sentences, who finally had just enough hair to occasionally wear pigtails, a true toddler who bounced when she ran. Sure, she is pretty much that same person right now, but summer will pass in a blur (of cute sundresses that I cannot wait to put on her!) and next winter will come and Amelia will be so much bigger and independent and *sniff* grown up.

Sure, it's kind of silly to be so sentimental, but I think the paradox makes sense. When I mentioned it to Hubby last night he said it sounded crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Lila isn't quite as old as Amelia, but I get it..it's not crazy to me.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

It's not crazy to me, either. Or to Petunia, for that matter. In fact, sometimes we look at Hester's old clothes and let ourselves get all teary about what a sweet little baby she used to be, and what a precious toddler she is now.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home