Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Romeow

Amelia loves feeding our stray cat, Romeow. I'll tell her it's time to feed him and she runs to the container of food, scoops out a portion and is ready to head out the door. Down the two steps we go, and she rarely spills any of it. Then she says, several times, "He's waiting. Put food in black dish." But she just stands there, repeating this while Romeow rubs against her legs. She maintains her balance during her little mantra, which she picked up from us as we tried to encourage her to feed him rather than standing there holding a container of food above a cat's head. She then bends down just a little and pours the food into the black dish (thank you Lean Cuisine). Most of it makes it into the dish unless he has made it back around her legs and knocks her hand. If he causes her to spill any, she tries to pick it up and put it in his dish and I try to discourage her from doing that. While the spilled food will attract ants, I don't want him to bite her for getting too close while he's eating.

It's really neat to see how much she enjoys feeding him and how patient he is with her.

[Photo dated 4/17/08]

1 Comments:

Blogger -LGirl- said...

So cute!
Reminded me of when my own cat would bang my hand with it's forehead and I'd spill the food too!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home