Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beautiful Dreamer

On Amelia's kitty keyboard, which she received for Christmas from us, there is a button she can hit that will play different songs. Some have words, some are just instrumental. Some are catchy, some not as much. There's a version of B-I-N-G-O and one about a dog named Applebee among others. Amelia repeatedly hits the button until "Beautiful Dreamer" comes on. She has done this for months and I believe it must be her favorite. It's written by Stephen Foster - the same man who wrote "My Old Kentucky Home". She has some musical taste I would say. (Although it's not shared by me, I think her Grandma will be impressed.)

Meanwhile Daddy's been trying to teach her how to play "My Old Kentucky Home" on the keyboard and she remembers the first few notes without any help. The lyrics start out "When the sun shines bright ..." and it would be nice if it would shine bright considering snow is forecast for tonight and we've already seen some flurries. Grrrr and Brrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

She does have good taste! "Beautiful Dreamer" is a great song!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home