Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dogwoods

We were leaving the post office the other day and the dogwood tree out front was just past full bloom with some of the leaves already replacing the pretty white flowers. I picked Amelia up so she could see the flowers more easily and I told her that it was a dogwood tree. She responded, "Goes woof!" Uh, yeah. Kind of like how eating hot dogs makes Rover a cannibal. Anyway ...

I asked her if she wanted a flower (she's been picking azaleas like a madwoman) and she said, "No, I want a leaf!" So I picked her a leaf and headed for the car. She decided that she wanted a white flower after all, so after settling her in her carseat I went back for a white flower. I brought it back to her and showed her how it has four petals. We weren't out of the parking lot before we had a lesson in subtraction because the flower suddenly had just three petals. She didn't mind though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home