Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Frustration, but a good day

Amelia's feet are again between sizes - no longer a 7, not quite an 8. So most of her current shoes are too small, and all of the shoes waiting for her are too big. I even bought a pair of 7.5 shoes - only to discover that they may as well be size 7. I had the same problem when she was between size 6 and 7, but I don't remember having this problem prior to that.

Other than having issues coordinating Amelia's outfits with shoes, the day was pretty great. The neighbor and I took her to a couple of yard sales where we scored two bath toys for 5 cents each. They're the seal and fish kind where you wind 'em up and let them go. The fish wags his little tail and the seals arms go 'round and 'round. I especially like them because they remind me of a seal I bought my sister for her 4th birthday. I remember carefully wrapping it with my mother and then being so pleased that my sister liked it as much as I thought she would. Amelia has enjoyed playing with those two toys all day long - and she hasn't even had a bath yet. They spent the ride home in the backseat being introduced to one another by Amelia. "Hello, red fish. How are you blue seal?"

Amelia has discovered how fun it is to pick the fuzzy dandelions and blow them into the wind. She's been doing that at every opportunity the last few days, including earlier today. She is so cute when she does it.
You might notice the drool on her shirt. Her 2-year molars are coming in and it's been a little rough for her the last couple of days. Her mouth is like an open faucet with all the drool, which has traditionally been her reaction to teething. I've even considered getting out one of her bibs, which were ever-present on her when she first started getting teeth.

After supper we decided to go visit Nana. Prior to departing, Amelia fed Romeow, picked a leaf off the tree, and then happily ran down the sidewalk and the driveway, which is a pretty steep hill. She wanted to go into the backyard, but we told her we were heading out, so she turned right, and on a flat surface nose dived into the pavement. It looked pretty bad for a few minutes, but I got her into the house and wiped her down with soap and water. Her right knee was pretty scraped up so we put ointment on it and a "big Diego band-aid!" (Good thing I just stocked up today at Dollar General for $2 ... it was bargain day for us here.) Her face did fine, just a little pink irritation in two small spots on the chin. So after cleaning up we went to Nana's and she had a ball playing and running and riding her Thomas train. Our brother-in-law stopped by with Liza and Amelia was "being shy", as usual with him. It was pretty cute, especially with her saying she was "being shy". What an actress.

[picture dated 4/26/08]

2 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

We're having the same shoe issues. Up to this point it's never been an issue. Most of her current shoes are size 6 and nearly too small, but most size 7s are WAY too large for her. It seems that most children's shoes, especially sandals, don't come in 1/2 sizes. The only pair of shoes she has right now that truly fit her well are a cute pair of size 7 pink ballet-ish Sketchers that sort of resemble Crocs.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amelia's mom!

This is Mary. Sorry I haven't checked in in such a long time. I love this photo of her blowing the dandelion seeds! I love reading your stories, too!

Mary C in Minnesota
PS - I had fun taking a 2 year-old boy to the zoo today. He kept saying "zebra poopy" even before we left his house.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home