Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Oopsies

We say all kinds of things around here along the lines of uh-oh. Variations include oops - which is what I usually say, oopsies, and even oops-a-daisies. I really like the last one which is usually reserved for times when I'm mildly amused at some minor catastrophe. Amelia can say the first two, but when she tries the last one it comes out "oops-a-sissies" which I think is (1) a longer version of oopsies and (2) really funny.

I also don't think I've noted her hyper-pronunciation of noise. For her, it comes out noy-is. Very cute. (of course, I'm her mama)

The evolution of her language, and her willingness to use more words, continues to amaze me. "Up!" has been replaced with, "Mommy, pick up please." She gets a little caught on her hard 'k' so there's a bit of a pause in the middle that I'm sure will disappear before I know it. sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home