Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Yakkity Yak

Amelia is really trying to talk. I think she just can't get her mouth to cooperate. She will look at something and ask, "That?" or see a picture of someone and ask, "Who that?". You can see her looking intently at how you use your mouth to answer. Sometimes she says something vaguely similar, sometimes she just asks, "That?" again. I noticed this last week with pig - whether she saw a pig in a book, on a puzzle or had her puppet. She is really, really trying to say diaper. Any time she gets a diaper change she points to her diaper and says, "That?" only once. Once you answer, "Diaper," she keeps trying to say it. I encourage her by repeating it every time she says the word. She has the "die" part down great, she is struggling with the "p" part, though, I think. She says words very close to dog, cat, bird. Last weekend when Grandma was feeding her she said, "I like that." (Grandma and Daddy heard her say it.)

She continues to grow noticeably. I really need to start a growth chart for her. I can mark the wall, but it would be nice to have something that can be folded up and put in her baby book, too.

Her hair is coming in more and more each day and sometimes she just looks so grown up to me - definitely not a baby anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home