Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nice Day

We had such a nice family day yesterday. Nothing exciting - it was just one of those Saturdays when we didn't have a list of "gotta do's" and no farflung place to go.

In the morning we went for a short visit to her former daycare provider "Granny", who recently took a full-time job. Livia and her parents went as well since they wanted Granny to see that Livia is now walking and not just taking steps. Granny was babysitting two of the other children that Amelia knew, so it was like a nice little reunion. At one point, the three girls - all within a couple of months in age - were sitting on the piano bench and "playing" us a concert. It was so sweet! One of those "I wish I had my camera" moments, but I was glad to just have been there to see it happen. After all, not everything can be captured on film - that's why we have memories.

After that we took our old recliner to the dumpster while Amelia played at Livia's house and then it was naptime for the Energizer Bunny, er, I mean Amelia. I did some cleaning in anticipation of Grandma's visit later this week while she slept. She had a great nap and was ready to go, go, go again and we had fun playing together. She is just such a joy. We are still marveling at how tall she has suddenly become. She is also really into bringing me imaginary things - at first I thought they were carpet fuzzies or something, but that wasn't the case. She just likes to walk over to me with her arm extended, her fingers pinched together and then release nothing into my hand. She gives me her wide, whole face smile and I say, "Thank you!" She is so pleased with herself, she will repeat this two or three times.

It's also incredible how much she can eat! This morning was a typical home-made waffle Sunday for us and I've had to increase my recipe (from the Cooking for Two book) x3 to make sure there's enough (doubling it works, but it's too close for comfort - I'd rather have leftovers). And that's in addition to banana or some other fruit plus a little cereal that I will feed her. When I drink my hot tea from a mug that has a kitty or Winnie the Pooh characters on it, she points at it and makes noises like she's trying to name them. If the mug gets turned to where she can't see it, she gets upset (meaning much pointing and unh-unh'ing ensues), so I make mental notes to myself that I need to use a plain mug so I can drink my tea in peace, but then I forget. So right now she is mimicking me and drinking from my kitty mug. I will try to get it back when she's not paying attention because I really want more tea!

She can now get on her Tigger rocking toy by herself! What a big girl. She just got on him and I need to go move it away from the sharp edged furniture - and then get more tea now that my mug is forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home