Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Our Little Monkey


Well, we're all finally feeling better. After taking Amelia to the doctor a week ago yesterday, she came down with some horrible stomach bug a week ago tonight (which I'm convinced she picked up at the doctor's despite all my efforts to keep her in my lap or on the exam table - the doctor even asked me if she could walk yet). Then Daddy & I got it and we're just now feeling better. Amelia, thankfully, showed improvement faster, although her appetite did not return until yesterday.

Amelia's vocabulary is still slow in resembling English. She does make lots of sounds, though, including a great "ooh, ooh, ah ah" complete with pursing her lips for the "ooh" and opening her mouth wide on the "ah". Daddy pointed out that she sounds just like a chimpanzee. Combine that with her love of bananas, which she can eat all by herself straight from the banana, and we're beginning to wonder ....

(By the way, it was her daddy who voiced the observation that his daughter may actually be a chimp.)

[picture dated 1/17/07]

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Your little monkey. How cute! We call Olivia a monkey too because she loves bananas and climbs everywhere.

I dread taking Olivia to the doctors because of the germs. She got her first cold after one of her check-ups. :-(

I'm glad you all are on the mend. Sending healthy thoughts your way!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Thanks, Hannah! Yikes - I hadn't thought about climbing because she doesn't climb (yet) and we are SO grateful!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home