Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, January 08, 2007

'at


A couple of mornings ago, I think it was Friday, Amelia said hat! It came out 'at but I know she was referring to her hat because we were getting ready to leave and I put her new blue hat on (the one pictured). As I did so, she said "'at!". So I took her to the mirror and pointed to the hat on her head and said, "Yes! Hat!" I'm so proud! Then on Saturday we were out on the sunroom and she found her birthday party hat. She tried putting it on her head and said, "'at!" again. So I know she is trying to say hat and knows what it means.

Since there aren't many "real" words that she is saying yet, I don't realize how much she understands. If you ask her to get a certain toy, she'll go and find it and bring it to you. Daddy likes to sing one of the songs her animal train sings. When he does this, she'll stop whatever she's doing and go make the train sing. The other day she was pointing at pictures in one of her books. She could tell that flowers on opposite sides of the page were identical because she kept pointing to them. When she pointed to the frog I asked her where the other frog was and she pointed to it! Then when I asked her where the dog was, she pointed to it, too. Smart girl!

[picture dated 12/25/06]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home