Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cow Slippers & Deesh (Fish)



So last Sunday my feet are feeling cold and I pull out my cow slippers for the first time in a looooong time. Well, Amelia was completely put out and started whining in a very despairing and hurt way (you should have seen the look of utter betrayal on her face) as she tried to pick up the cow from its head while it was still on my foot. I recognized that she probably thought that I was somehow wearing her cow slippers, so as quickly as possible, I scooped her up and went to her room where we promptly put on her cow slippers and all was well. She was so much happier. For fun, I let my cows talk to and kiss her cows and she thought that was just wonderful.

Lately, any time we're in the bathroom for any reason Amelia toddles in and starts pointing to various things on our shower curtain. It's a fun game actually. She knows duck and recognizes them whether they're yellow, brown or whatever. So she easily spots and names most of the ducks and I've been trying to teach her the other things. We're getting close - fish comes out 'deesh', but it's certainly distinctive from 'dis' and 'dat' which she says when she points to stuff near and far all day long.
[pictures dated 2/4 & 2/3/07]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home