Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Patriot Day

I don't know if it's the designation on her calendar or what, but Amelia talks a lot about Patriot Day. (Sept. 11)

When we went to the Willis Tower (nee Sears Tower) this summer, Amelia had a blast. After we got home she was asking about it being the tallest in America. "Aren't there a couple of others?" she asked more than a few times. Then it dawned on me and I said, "Yes, we used to have the World Trade Center" and I told her about the twin towers and how they were destroyed on September 11th, but in a G-rated version. She is still fascinated. On the one hand, I think it's uncanny that she knew that there were "a couple" of other taller buildings than the Willis/Sears Tower. On the other, I don't know whether to satisfy her curiosity about Patriot Day and show her video of September 11th. My explanations so far haven't seemed to be enough.

[pictured dated 7/13/12]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home