Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First Top Tooth Goes to the Tooth Fairy!

We (Amelia and I, that is), have been wiggling Amelia’s top front tooth for quite some time and last night it was finally ready to come out. She was SO excited. She’s been looking for blood the last few times we’ve wiggled and when we finally got some last night, she knew we were super close to a tooth fairy visit! She was so excited she was helping yank it, but it was holding steady on the inside corner with the rest hanging off. I was starting to wonder what we were going to do and then “pop” it came out super easy on the final tug!
 
I had taken a few days off of pulling (but she was still wiggling) since I was sick all weekend and didn’t want to put even my washed fingers in her mouth. Her tooth was pushed so far forward and out that it looked like a tooth was missing next to it and she had a buck tooth, to boot.
Amelia came out of her room this morning barely awake, clutching her Hello Kitty tooth pillow. She fished out her two quarters, but she also had an envelope from the Tooth Fairy. Amelia is saving up for another Hello Kitty from Build-a-Bear so the Tooth Fairy left her a note saying she was giving her a little extra this time to go towards her new Hello Kitty.

Amelia said that the Tooth Fairy had tickled her with her blankets when she was looking for the tooth pillow and that she had to tell the Tooth Fairy that it was under her other pillow and help her find it. She said she opened her eyes, but only a little bit. (so cute!) I asked her what the Tooth Fairy looked like and she said she forgot. I asked her how the Tooth Fairy got there and left and Amelia didn’t know. I said, maybe she went out your window? And Amelia said, maybe opened a little part of her window and went out. I said, maybe she has magic powers and she can fly through window glass! Amelia pondered that thought!
She has proudly shown off her gap to anyone who will look today and told several people about how she helped the tooth fairy. And tonight she even told me that brushing her teeth would be easier since she now only has 23 teeth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home