Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Do not leave child unattended

... reads the warning on her potty seat. However, I don't think it was to prevent the following scenario that I walked in on when I checked on her.

You see, Amelia, like some children, can sit on her potty for quite some time, usually reading books to herself. Today I let her bring one of her little people and a little people dog in with her. I heard her playing with them, then I heard what turned out to be the top of the small garbage can that has a swinging lid. I poke my nose in there and she has them going through the lid (which is now on her lap), telling them they were going through a window. Cute. Imaginative. Then I notice that the little person has a shawl of wadded up toilet paper. I have no idea how Amelia had just the right amount of toilet paper and how it was wadded up in just the right way to not fall off and not completely mummify the little person.

Her burgeoning imagination and ability to safely amuse herself make me smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

That kind of creativity just shows how smart she is!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home