Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Raising 'er right


We are huge Kentucky fans, University of Kentucky Wildcats - basketball, that is. While I was still pregnant I bought several UK things for our little one on eBay. Amelia has worn each of them as she has grown into them - and there are things waiting in the closet for the next growth spurt.

When she was less than a month old, she hung out with Daddy and watched "Midnight Madness" - although this past year it was called "Big Blue Madness" since it was not held at midnight. She was properly decked out in a Kentucky bib and headband. She has been to Rupp Arena, but only once since "if it breathes, it needs a ticket", and tickets are hard to get. Besides, we decided it was way too loud in there for her. (The 'if it breathes' is verbatim from the ticket taker who asked me if I had a baby in my sling. We were shocked to learn that little 9 lb. Amelia, who would remain in the sling and therefore be practically a part of me for the entire game, would require a ticket.) She has also seen the Lady Wildcats play Wake Forest at William Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem (where she did not require her own ticket at 3 months of age). Recently I brought Amelia to work with me and her new mobility allowed her to explore a little and play with things that interested her. I take her choice of a toy as a good sign that the Kentucky bug is being passed along just fine.

[pictures dated August 10, 2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home