Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Moving and Grooving

Amelia's on the move! She's still not quite crawling, but we're getting there. See?!



And she is really getting around in her crib. When I put her down for naps she likes to play a little (like 15 minutes) and then *silence*. I go in and she is face down, usually on top of whatever toy she had been playing with. This guarantees waking up with some pretty funky bed face! And I've watched her from a distance. Essentially she rolls around grabbing toys, then rolls to her belly and plays and reaches. Gets a little tired, puts the head down. Pops the head back up and plays some more. Plops the head down and there it stays. So cute!

Since she is rather ambulatory, I've put the rail on her crib in the "up" position while she sleeps. It's too high for me to leave up for the next time I have to put her in. But up it goes after she's in and so when it's time to get her up, I stand her and then pick her up. Well, she thinks this is an excellent opportunity to dance in celebration of waking! You can't tell in the picture, but that's what she is doing. Such a happy baby!

Oh, and her new thing? Scootching to the TV cabinet and opening the door! Open, close, open, close. She is sooo talented! And then she'll double roll over to the window and reach up and scratch the screen. She finds the noise fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home